The objectives of Club Health Dublin 2017 include:
- To develop understanding of the impacts of nightlife activity and the necessity for creating and maintaining safe and healthy nightlife environments
- To facilitate the implementation of effective, evidence-based policies, interventions and approaches in nightlife environments that can reduce potential harms
- To improve knowledge and expertise about how nightlife environments and settings can be developed, managed and sustained effectively
- To promote multi-agency partnerships and networks at local, national, European and international levels[/x_columnize]
The key themes for Club Health Dublin 2017 include:
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Design and management of nightlife environments
- Drug legislation and drug law reform
- Emerging trends in club culture
- Emergency medicine
- Forensic testing of substances, ‘pill testing’ and ‘early warning systems’
- Health and safety standards for nighttime environments
- Health interventions in nightlife settings
- International nightlife tourism
- New psychoactive substances (NPS)
- Nightlife legislation, policy and economic impact – ‘lock out laws’ and nighttime mayors
- Sexual health and risk taking sexual behaviours – ‘chemsex’
- Social exclusion – nighttime without money
- Violence in nightlife settings
The conference consists of plenary sessions featuring invited speakers, parallel sessions comprising submitted abstracts and poster presentations.
The conference opens on the afternoon of Wednesday 24 May 2017 for registration, the Opening Plenary session and a welcome reception. The program continues with plenary, parallel and poster sessions on Thursday 25 and Friday 26 May 2017.
The official conference language is English. There will be no translation services available.
You can download the conference programme here.